Saturday, 1 August 2009

Stone

Towards the end of our 4 counties ring trip we stopped off at Stone, we had an excellent mooring on one of the 12 hour mooring just above the bottom lock of the town. We moored up, and Mrs Eb went off to Morrisons for provision's. I looked up at the sky and what was blue had turned purple. (We had had amazing weather on our trip, and the bad weather had always been behind us hahaha), I really didn't like the look of it so I put up the tonneau and started to put up the pram hood with some urgency and noticed a middle aged couple watching me with great interest. I carried on, then I started to clean out the gully under my grab rails, I was walking up the gunwales and they were looking and obviously talking about what I was doing. I was looking at the skies and hoping I would get it all done before the heavens opened up. I double checked the mooring lines and just got under the pram hood and "BANG" went the thunder and woosh went the rain, it was the big heavy rain and rivers of it were coming down, I looked up and saw two middle aged people running for thier car soaked to the skin.

Moral of the storey if you see someone on a narrow boat battening down the hatches head for cover!!!! Don't stand and watch like a numpty they are doing it for a reason.

2 comments:

  1. I have had lots of opportunity to be caught our in storms these last two weeks. The worst was in the 400 yards between the Farm Shop and Gt Haywood bridge when in spite of full waterproofs and a bike I was still soaked through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was doing the locks at Fradley and was in shorts and T-Shirt it started to spit so I just carried...then it went woosh, by then I couldn't get any wetter so just carried on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on The Robber Button Blog.

We will not publish any comments from any poster who does not show their Identity. Your comment will be posted up as soon as it is read, this may take sometime of we are cruising. We have had to add moderation to The Robber Button Blog because some people do put up offensive and rude comments.