Sunday, 25 July 2010

Fox and Anchor Family Day Out

At the moment our "Local" is the Fax and Anchor near Coven (pron Covern) It is a 40 min chug away at tick over. The pub does really nice food, a little pricey, but the setting and beer make up for it.

Yesterday I took my Mum, Sister in Law and her two beautiful children for a day trip, it has been an age since I had seen them.... my Niece Pippa 13 had a few goes at steering and really caught on until a boat came around the corner with a stag do on it full of pirates. The boat was adorned with a blow up doll in a nurses uniform as a Figure head on the front bows and each Pirate had a weapon. We were fired at by water pistols....It was very funny...they very nearly crashed though after out attack.

After lunch I put up the Hammock....Sorry Michelle...this went down so well that apart from Pirates I don't think anything else was part of Sam's convocation and both kids want one of these hammocks. Problem is one was from Brazil...and I have never seen one like it else where. Ooopsie. I have emailed a friend who is heading back this summer...

As we were heading back someone shouted you are the Blogger aren't you? guiltily I said yes...so thank you for reminding me to Blogg again.

A general update... We have been boating quite a few weekends, but this usually means just taking out around the corner and cooking a meal having a bottle or two of red, then mooring up again. We have taken a few longer trips out....one all the way to Kinver a 2 day trip that we took 5 days over and had a brilliant time. The Bratch Locks are the most amazing site ever I have never seen engineering like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on The Robber Button Blog.

We will not publish any comments from any poster who does not show their Identity. Your comment will be posted up as soon as it is read, this may take sometime of we are cruising. We have had to add moderation to The Robber Button Blog because some people do put up offensive and rude comments.