Tuesday 24 March 2009

We have a Shiny Black Bottom!!!! (Blacking day 2)

So I arrived at Great Haywood in glorious sunshine. I was given an old paint brush and an old roller and a paint tray and off I went. Painting first with the brush the water line, I painted a good thick layer of bitumen paint 57 feet one side and 57 feet the other. Then I started on the roller and about 4 hours later she had a covering of blacking all over the hull and the swim.






I took a break at about 1pm and popped into Great Haywood and bought a lot of bacon for sandwiches and made us all bacon sarnies...Mmmmmm I love bacon sarnies. Then after lunch I used the roller again and painted the water line once again. That was that for the day, nature will take it's course and the paint will dry and tomorrow I can give TRB her final coat of Blacking.

TRB looks great with her Shiny Black Bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Mr EB You must have saved yourself a bob or two doing it all yourself, and gained a whole heap of personal satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had the bill yet, but I will have saved a fortune. Great Haywood Marina offers moorer's a free lift out if they have moored for more that 12 months, I help the engineers with moving boats on windy day, so I got the use of the jet washer another saving. So all I will be paying for is the paint. I believe a 57 foot boat will be in the region of £600 to have a firm do it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on The Robber Button Blog.

We will not publish any comments from any poster who does not show their Identity. Your comment will be posted up as soon as it is read, this may take sometime of we are cruising. We have had to add moderation to The Robber Button Blog because some people do put up offensive and rude comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.