Monday 18 May 2009

a small needed update

I am sorry I haven't blogged in ages.

There are a couple of reasons...1. Mrs EB and I went out for a short trip and passed two boats and were told to slow down when we were in tick over!!!! and that really cheesed me off.
2. I forgot.

Well I did a mens day out on TRB there 8 guys and myself we met about 9am at Great Haywood had a mug of tea and then headed up to Weston had a nice lunch then up to Sandon Lock turned around and headed back. It was a day of relaxing and chatting and just having some fun. I believe the guys enjoyed it, even though person said TRB was like a caravan.... ho hum.

Yesterday my friend Martin who gave Mrs EB and I the boating bug came over to TRB and showed me how to service the engine... another few quid saved and it was well worth the mess.

2 comments:

  1. MR EB - For some people you cant go to slowly! I would love to have seen their faces when the old working boats moved around - they slowed for no one and nothing. Shrug it off mate - you just cant win with some people.
    Self servicing can save you a pretty penny and Martin is now something of an expert. That reminds me - must change my oil after this weekends sortie into the BCN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy
    I have had a couple of people say I am going too fast. I find this bloody annoying to be honest when I rarely take her over 1000 revs no one is around boats are overtaking me!!!!! I had one person on here say I nearly hit him because I was going too fast? Total rubbish the only time we have nearly hit someone is when the day crew are steerng. When we have a day crew I let them steer...it's part of the experience of going on a boat... but I monitor the revs and if and when they get out of control I take over and get it back in control, yes I use the revs usually in reverse and plenty of power to pull the boat away from collision. so if anything she is going even slower.

    Anyhooo I am taking your advice and I will shrug it off, let um shout what they want....If TRB is speeding in tick over then I must have the fastest Semi-trad on the T&M, so when you are over by us..fancy a race?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on The Robber Button Blog.

We will not publish any comments from any poster who does not show their Identity. Your comment will be posted up as soon as it is read, this may take sometime of we are cruising. We have had to add moderation to The Robber Button Blog because some people do put up offensive and rude comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.